The price of materials or level of technology is not the foundation for learning.
Not everyone is an expert in early childhood education, but everyone who works and plays with a child is a teacher. As your child’s first teacher, parents and other family members and friends have the greatest impact on a child’s learning. Face-to-face interaction provides the most important learning experiences.
SparKits not only provides materials your child will enjoy, but also activities that will spark family involvement. SparKits is a tool that helps families provide the building blocks to prepare children to learn, to be successful in school and beyond.
SparKits, a program of Early Childhood Alliance, was created to help children and families capitalize on the importance of play. As media use continues to grow, SparKits promote the opportunity for families to play together away from screen time.
Play and learning go hand and hand. Everyday interactions can have a big impact on your child’s brain, starting even before babies talk. Developmental learning takes place within the context of play.
SparKits introduce families to manipulatives and books for child’s play but also includes how-to-use materials for maximum learning. These guidelines for family involvement enhance your child’s development as well as extend learning opportunities at home.
SparKits provide learning experiences. The difference between a box of toys and SparKits is that SparKits:
- Enhance skills at specific age ranges that help children prepare for the next stages of development
- Are planned by early childhood education professionals
- Provide opportunities for hands-on involvement by parents and others
- Offer guidance for extended learning experiences with materials easily found in the home
- Do not require shopping at multiple stores and websites
- Are replaced monthly, requiring less storage space for a growing mountain of toys (Hub style subscriptions only)
SparKits provide learning experiences
We use industry standard encryption to ensure your personal and payment information is kept safe and secure during your shopping experience.
* Applies only to the “Hub” style of SparKits, kits are delivered on a monthly basis to the Hub of your choosing as long as the previous month’s kit has been returned.